Attendees will hear directly from the government on the most recent regulations and guidance, and also on what is happening in Congress, including Hill interest in tax-exempt hospitals and community benefit. Topics on this year's program include:
- Evolution of Guidance and Best Practices for IRC 4960 and Qualified Transportation Fringe Expenses
- Navigating through the “Other” State Taxes for Health Care–Beyond Income Tax Reporting
- Common 501(r) "Misses"–Advice from the Trenches
- The Impact of the TCJA on Captive Insurance Companies
- Plenary session topics on Governance at Ground Level–Aiming for Perfect with Imperfect Facts, Schedule H: Lessons Learned From 10 Years of 990 Community Benefit Reporting, and Congressional Investigation of Nonprofit Hospitals
- Program opening with a IRS Panel Discussion!
We will post the full brochure here as soon as it is ready. Here's what we heard from our 2018 attendees:
- "This was my first time attending an AHLA conference and found it very practical. In someone that is new to the health care industry, I found that the programs were very understandable, and the topics and presenters were very appropriate."
- "Very knowledgeable speakers. Issues I never considered were raised."
- "The topics covered were all hot button issues."
- "This was my first time attending and I really enjoyed it. I would attend again if presented the opportunity by my organization."
- "All the topics were highly relevant. I did not feel like anything went untouched."
We hope you will make plans to join us this fall!