Program attendees are encouraged to fill out a general program evaluation and a presenter/session evaluation. In general, we want feedback on the program content and their overall experience. Each presenter is evaluated on overall speaking style–outstanding- 5, strong - 4, acceptable - 3, marginal - 2, and unacceptable - 1. In addition, we ask whether the materials contributed to the learning objectives, if the learning objectives were met, and if the presenter engaged the audience.
Here are examples of what we hear from attendees:
- "I really enjoyed it and making it a little fun always helps. They certainly were fun!"
- "Good topic. Speakers were prepared and gave good examples. Was great overall."
- "Presenter use of “um” was distracting it inhibited the message."
- "The energy and enthusiasm of the speakers made the topic interesting."
- "Knew her material but abysmal presentation. Delivered in a monotone with no humor."
- "Funny, engaging, and knowledgeable! The material seems to be flown through a bit quickly at times, but that seemed to be more a nature of the breadth of the topic area, than a speaker issue."
Following the program, the evaluations are compiled and shared with the presenter (by mail, 6 -8 weeks after the program) and the planning committee for the program. We may, in some cases, also share them with other program planning committees.