Below are volunteer opportunities that have not yet been added to the volunteer module but are still open:
Call for Authors
Practice/Affinity Group Alerts, Bulletins, Briefings, and Newsletters
- The Hospitals & Health Systems Practice Group is seeking assistance to help keep our membership up-to-date on hot topics with Email Alerts and Bulletins. We are need volunteers to monitor the news for items relevant to the HHS PG members and write short articles (1,000-2,000 words) on those topics. This opportunity closes on March 30, 2019. Submit your interest today.
- The Physician Organizations Practice Group (PO PG) is seeking volunteers to publish Alerts, Bulletins, Briefings and Articles that address issues impacting physician organizations. Alerts are 1,000 words or less, Bulletins are between 1,000 - 2,000 words, Briefings 2,000 words or more and Articles between 2,000 and 3,000 words. Timing is flexible with Alerts ideally soon after the event occurs. This opportunity closes on April 30, 2019. Submit your interest today.
- The In-House Counsel Practice Group (IHC) seeks authors for short Practice Group alerts - short summaries (1,000 words or less) of breaking a breaking news item that is of interest in healthcare attorneys serving in in-house counsel roles. Volunteer should be able to commit to producing an alert in a specific month or on a specific topic. This opportunity closes on May 1, 2019. Submit your interest today.
- The Life Science Practice Group (LS PG) is seeking authors for PG Alerts, Bulletins, or Briefings during the AHLA 2018-2019 program year. To better facilitate the timely generation of these publications, we are asking LS PG members and their colleagues to commit to generating at least one PG Alert, Bulletin, or Briefing during the year on a topic of the author's choosing. We define life sciences broadly to include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, research and development, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and intellectual property issues. Months will be scheduled in advance, and individuals, firms, and organizations may sign up to cover a particular month. We seek volunteers to sign up for one or two months during the current AHLA year and hope to have enough volunteers to assign at least two volunteers to each month. The LS PG leadership can assist in brainstorming potential ideas for PG Alerts, Bulletins, or Briefings if needed. To ensure impartiality, authors may not write about cases or issues in which their law firm or company are or were directly involved. In particular, we encourage younger members of the LS PG to participate in this effort. This opportunity closes June 30, 2019. Submit your interest today.
Risk Reporting for Boards – an article in search of an author. The Business Law and Governance Practice Group (BLG PG) is in search of an author to write an article of any length giving practical advice, best practices, etc. for structuring risk reporting to a board across the enterprise in a health care system. Health care risk management typically resides within numerous functions and business managers within an organization. The goal of this piece would be to suggest methods of organizing and prioritizing risk management reporting to the board in order to balance efficiency with making sure the board is appropriately advised on risk management activities on a regular basis and that any particular risk-related matters of sufficient importance are surfaced and reported to the board when and as needed. Sound like something you'd like to write about, or do you have another topic you feel would be helpful BLG PG members? Submit your interest today.
Call for Speakers
- The Enterprise Risk Management Task Force (ERM TF) is seeking volunteers to present as speakers for our monthly ERM TF Educational Calls. Speakers can present alone or on a panel and can propose their own topic, so long as it relates to enterprise risk management. If interested, please submit a brief proposal, including a description or 4-6 bullet points on the topic and content of the proposed presentation. Submit your interest in speaking for an ERM TF Educational Call today. This opportunity closes on June 30, 2019. Submit your interest today.• The Enterprise Risk Management Task Force (ERM TF) is seeking volunteers to present as speakers for our monthly ERM TF Educational Calls. Speakers can present alone or on a panel and can propose their own topic, so long as it relates to enterprise risk management. If interested, please submit a brief proposal, including a description or 4-6 bullet points on the topic and content of the proposed presentation. Submit your interest in speaking for an ERM TF Educational Call today. This opportunity closes on June 30, 2019. Submit your interest today.
Call for Other Volunteers
Call for Live Tweeters
Volunteer to live tweet from one or more of the program sessions and/or one of the PG-sponsored luncheons at AHLA programs. One can cover a session or sessions of your choice. You do not have to be a Twitter expert; AHLA staff will provide informal training! Please contact Stefan Bradham at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest. Prefer to tweet on your own? Please use hashtag #AHLA18 to ensure that your tweets appear @healthlawyers.
Call for Mentors
Become a mentor or find a mentor! AHLA's Mentoring Program is available to all members and is accessible on the AHLA Communities (please use your AHLA login credentials to log in). Update your profile today and get started! Submission Deadline: Ongoing
Work Group Volunteers
The Fraud and Abuse Practice Group (FA PG) has created several 'working groups' and is seeking committed volunteers to assist in delivering substantive and timely content to members. If you are enrolled in the FA PG and want to get more involved and learn more about this opportunity, submit your interest today.